Thursday 1 March 2012

Create for 365 days

I have been reading a lot lately about people who are aiming to do something everyday for 1 year. The most common goals are to take a photo every day or complete a drawing every day. I have been thinking how fun this would be, only I am no good at photography and certainly couldn't do the same thing every day. That and I would probably forget or it would feel like a chore doing the same thing each day.

So I am going to aim to complete something creative each day. It gives me the freedom to switch between my crafts as I normally do and allow for proper drying time. If I don't have the time then I can make something small like a phone charm or a piece of origami. It also allows me to do big projects little bit by little bit without feeling the need to rush them, while still having time to complete something else that day.

Instead of thinking constantly about finishing something for a whole year I am going to focus on a month at a time. So today I will start "create each day for March".

Today I finished a beaded bracelet. I have been making this style of bracelet for a few years now and have finally made one for myself! It is a lot heavier and bulkier than I would normally wear or even make. I'll see how it fares next weekend.


So that is one creation finished. I have made a Flickr account where I will try to add a photo of my finished item each day. Here's hoping that we have lots of sunny days for the next 364 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment