Friday 6 September 2013

Toy Truck Succulent Pot

A certain little boy we know had his fifth birthday in August, so when I came across a photo of a dinosaur toy with a succulent growing out of its back I knew it would the perfect present!

I have lots of succulents that are multiplying so finding a plant was no problem - finding a good size dinosaur however turned out to be impossible. In the end we decided he would like a truck with a plant in it just as much.


It was easy enough to do, I just grabbed my soldering iron (I have one specifically for melting plastic) and melted/cut a hole from the top, as well as melting drainage holes in the bottom. Fill it with dirt, stuff a plant in and it's all done! Quick, cheap and easy while also being the perfect gift for a five year old who loves gardening!

No comments:

Post a Comment