Friday 29 January 2016

Newsie Cap

I saw this pattern for the Newsie Cap from Peek-a-Boo Patterns and thought it was so cute. While my sister was pregnant she said she was going to have so many hats for her baby boy so I figured I would make him one.

Well in the end I technically made two, I was tired and for some reason thought I had to add the seam allowance to the pattern so I ended up with an adult size newsie cap! Luckily I had enough fabric leftover to make a second one that actually fit him.


Oh and this was one of those times where I left it until the last minute - this photo has no button as I sewed that on in the car.

They both turned out cute, but it was a little bit fiddly putting it all together. I think if you were really careful sewing the outer hat and lining together you could make it reversible.

No comments:

Post a Comment